Trinity Associates 2810 Charlevoix Avenue, Suite 106
Petoskey, Michigan 49770
John Grebe, PsyD
Petoskey Behavioral Health
516 Mitchell St.
Timothy Strauss, MA
Joy Valley Counseling 2810 Charlevoix Avenue, Suite 106
Mental Health Links
In the first set of links to websites below you'll find directories leading you to therapists throughout the United States. In the second group of links you will discover a wealth of information about mental health, mental illness, and relationships.
Here are a few questions wise consumers should ask of any therapist before choosing and that any qualified therapist should be happy to answer:
1. After offering them a brief description of your counseling need, ask: "What is your training and experience in helping people with needs like mine?
2. "Is this an area of passion and specialty for you?"
3. "Briefly, what would your treatment approach be to helping me with this?" (that is, behavioral, cognitive, EMDR, other "modalities") 4. If spirituality is a central issue to you, you'll want to be sure there's a fit between you and the therapist so be clear in explaining your faith orientation and ask him about how he integrates faith into his therapy work.
5. "What are your credentials (education, licensure, affiliations with professional organizations)?
6. "What are your fees and do insurances cover your services?"
In talking with a therapist, you are looking for three things from and beyond these questions:
The person's attitude: willingness to cooperate, answer your questions, humility, degree of caring, etc.
Ability and competence to be effective in helping you
Your sense of "fit" with the clinician as a person. That is, how comfortable you would be working with him.
List 2. Links to Other Mental Health Resources
The following links are listed to provide you with additional online mental health care information and counseling resources.